The Business Technology Center, also referred to by the BTC; Chiles Lab; Miles and Eleanor McKay Computing Center, serves as the front desk of the Lundquist College of Business.
The responsibility of the Lab Consultant position is to provide a direct access for faculty and staff to front-end services (such as equipment rentals/lab monitoring), in addition to providing escalation to back-end services (such as Tier 2 Help Desk requests).
The “lab” is comprised of three portions: the North Lab, the South Lab, and the Group Lab.
Lab hours, contacts, and other information: business.uoregon.edu/computer-labs
The Business Technology Center is open to the following students:
- Business Majors - must be declared with the Undergraduate Advising Office; Majors have access to the lab for Fall, Winter, & Spring terms with or without taking a business course.
- Business Minors - must be declared with the Undergraduate Advising Office; Minors have access to the lab for Fall, Winter, & Spring terms with or without taking a business course
- MBA and PHD students - have permanent access (all terms) to the lab once declared as a graduate/doctorate student until date of graduation.
- Non-Business Major students - those enrolled in one business course gain access to the lab upon first date of term session with an officially recognized business course (BA, BE, ACTG, MGMT, OBA, FIN, SBUS, etc.)
- Summer term allows students access to the lab if and only if registered for at least one summer course at the University of Oregon.